“And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and with people.” –(Luke 2:52 HCS)
Our goals for your child are based on the fact that preschoolers, children, and students grow in the same way that Jesus grew – mentally (in wisdom), physically (in stature), socially/emotionally (in favor with man), and spiritually (in favor with God).
Therefore we seek to:
- Lay a strong spiritual foundation in the life of each preschooler, child, and student we teach, with the hope that at God’s appointed time, the child will personally accept Christ as Savior.
- Help reinforce the following truths:
- God is Creator, Giver of all good things, and the Designer of the family unit
- Jesus is God’s Son and our Friend, our Example, and our Savior
- The Bible is true; a special book that tells about God, His Son, and His plan for our lives
- Family is God’s idea for people, designed for relationships and for coming together to minister to others
- Make camp a milestone experience to learn Bible truths.
- Provide activity-based teaching which includes age-graded, Bible-learning activities designed to help preschoolers, student, and children make progress in problem solving, sharing, expressing themselves in appropriate ways, thinking of others with kindness, and learning to love others (including their family and the world) as they love themselves.
- Partner with the parents in nurturing the spiritual growth of the child.
- Encourage families to actively participate in worship, Bible study, fellowship, and ministry opportunities with a local church in order to continue what was modeled at Family Camp.